From the 40 Days of Daily Bread Series.
When you obey God and begin to see Him changing you through the power of His Word, you will boast in the Lord as you walk in the way of humility. The “old man’s” heart swells with pride, but the “new man’s” heart swells with the goodness of the Lord. He blesses the humble with many rewards.
Rewards of Humility
- Wisdom (Proverbs 11:2)
- Riches, honor, life (Proverbs 22:4)
- Grace (Proverbs 3:34)
- God teaches His way (Psalm 25:9)
- God hears the desire (Psalm 10:17)
- Kingdom of Heaven (Matthew 5:3)
- Lifted up (Psalm 147:6)
Apply the Word
This section is to help us respond to His promptings. But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. James 1:22
- Copy the Rewards of Humility in your journal and look up the scriptures listed above.
- What has been happening? Can you recall an instance recently that you had the opportunity to respond with humbleness? What happened? Have you recognized a response of pride that you dealt with? Write a specific occasion in your journal.
Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up. James 4:10 NKJV
Though the Lord is on high, Yet He regards the lowly; But the proud He knows from afar. Psalm 138:6 NKJV
Can you think of a way to boast in the Lord right now?
We boast in the Lord when we walk in humility. [Tweet this]
Our Daily Bread for tomorrow is an encouraging post on the promise of His strength for us. Subscribe so you don’t miss it!Photo credit: Amber Karnes (Creative Commons)
Like this post? Pin it for later! Your friends would probably like it, too! Use the icons below to share it with them. They’ll be glad you didn’t keep it all to yourself. 😉 Never miss a post, subscribe here!