In the mood for some Thanksgiving humor? Have some more laughter in your life and check out these humorous Thanksgiving jokes, quotes, and memes.
In this post, I’m sharing some THANKSGIVING HUMOR! The holidays are wonderful, but it’s easy to get bogged down with stress, to-do lists, and fatigue. Has that ever been your experience?
It has for me before, but I don’t want it to be like that! Laughter is another way to keep anxiety from taking over your days, especially during the holidays.
Do you ever feel drawn towards people who make you laugh? Laughing makes you feel good and has been proven to boost your immune system, decrease stress, relax your muscles, release endorphins, and have the same effects as some exercise.
No wonder the Bible says, A merry heart does good, like medicine…(Proverbs 17:22a NKJV).
So before we get to the Thanksgiving humor, let’s look at how to keep laughing on a regular basis!
6 Ways to Keep Laughter in Your Life
- Start with a positive attitude. You may not be able to choose your circumstances, but you can change your attitude towards it. And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men. Colossians 3:23 NKJV
- Look for the good. This takes practice. Sometimes it’s necessary to ask God to reveal what possible good could come from a bad situation. He always gives an answer to that prayer.
- Laugh at yourself. Once, standing outside the shower, I turned on the water and unbeknownst to me the shower head was pointing towards the bathroom instead of the inside of the shower. It promptly doused the top of my head, my face, and the floor with cold water. Blubbering, I turned it off. I imagine the scene looked like something from a comic book, and I laughed so hard!
- No excuses, hormones or otherwise! Choose to not let hormonal moodiness be an excuse for climbing into a pit of negativity. Yep. No explanation needed there!
- Laugh when the joke’s on you. One day I tweeted a joke: “A man had never seen an elevator before. He watched as a crippled old lady got in and went to the top. The elevator came down and out came a beautiful young woman. The man quickly went to get his wife.” Justin saw the tweet and said, “I’d love to find that elevator!” I laughed; that was a good one. Then I replied to him, “I’ll be happy to push you in!” Ha! He laughed, too. We love each other dearly, and we’re not afraid to laugh at each other’s jokes.
- Regularly read jokes or watch something funny. If you search thoroughly, clean comedy still exists!
Do you celebrate Thanksgiving?
Every year here in the States my family celebrates Thanksgiving. We aren’t super religious about it, because mostly it’s a time to be thankful and enjoy family. There are a ton of verses that tell us to be thankful in the Bible.
One of my favorites is Ephesians 5:20 NKJV:
Giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
I love to laugh with my family and friends, and I’d love to laugh with you, too! So I’m sharing some Thanksgiving humor I’ve collected or created over the years. Enjoy!
Thanksgiving Humor: Quotes
We decided that our Thanksgiving menu needs to be healthy—well stocked with fruits and vegetables. That’s why we’re having SWEET POTATO casserole, PUMPKIN pie, and CRANBERRY sauce. Oh, and sparkling APPLE-GRAPE cider to wash it all down.
Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare. They are consumed in 12 minutes. Half-times take 12 minutes. This is not a coincidence. —Erma Bombeck
The thing I’m most thankful for right now is elastic waistbands. —unknown
Thanksgiving Humor: Jokes
If the Pilgrims were alive today, what would they be most famous for?
Answer: Their age.
What are turkeys most thankful for?
Thanksgiving Humor: Memes
I enjoyed creating these humorous Thanksgiving memes. Hope you like them!Check out these humorous Thanksgiving jokes, quotes, and memes!
Thanksgiving Humor: Video
After your Thanksgiving feast, you may need to read this post on fasting and watch this video. Hahaha
Thank You, God
Every year the focus seems to be on what we are thankful for, and that is good. Yet, while we are rattling off a hundred item list of what we are thankful for, we can easily take God out of the picture.
I’m pretty sure every story of the Pilgrims I’ve heard has included that they thanked God. Today, people talk about what they are thankful for in general, but don’t necessarily acknowledge their Source.
Let’s shift our focus to the One who has given us so much, including salvation for our souls!
God, I’m thankful to YOU…for all my many blessings. I thank You for my family, friends, and dear readers. Thank You for my home, vehicles, necessities, and food.
And thank You for laughter! 🙂
Let’s practice giving thanks to God! Leave five quick things you’re thankful to God for in the comments.
Spread the laughter! Use an icon below to share this post!