Want to keep on track with God during the holidays? These three intentional decisions will help you thrive spiritually. Plus a holiday Bible study for you to check out.
We all know how it goes during the holidays. We say we’re going to keep on track with God and then—we’re sidetracked. Menu plans, decorating ideas, craft projects, shopping lists, holiday parties, and—we’re inundated.
It’s a race against the clock and every second is precious. Our only prayer time turns into a plea for a parking spot.
I’ve been there. My excuses push away good intentions.
I must spend time with my friends during the holidays!
If I don’t get meaningful gifts for my family they will think I’m short-changing them!
Forget keeping up with the Jones’ mind-blowing decorations. It’s too much, but my house needs at least some sort of holiday specific decor!
If I’m not careful, I get caught up in the busy season and my relationship with God suffers. But that’s not the way I want it! Can you relate?
Knowing all the crazy that will threaten to swirl in our heads, we need to make some firm decisions before the holidays arrive.
These 3 Intentional Decisions Will Help You Grow Spiritually During the Holidays
- I will have a Daily Time with God. What does that mean? Daily Time is my mantra. It means: Determining Again I Live Yielded. Today I’m Maintaining Evidence. Additionally, decide other pertinent feet-planting commitments such as determining what Bible study you will go through. Get your plan in place. Related: A Simple Plan to Establish Daily Devotions Right Now
- I will find or be accountability. Now I know we tend to evade the word accountability. I used to cringe at the thought of it. There were times when I didn’t like being answerable to another human being, but it was what I needed. Psalm 100:3 says, “Know that the LORD, he is God! It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.” We can learn from the gregariousness nature of sheep. Their flocking instinct is their only protection from death; vulnerability to predators increases with those that scatter. (Source: sheep101.com) Related: Why Accountability Helps You Thrive with God
- I will attend church regularly. There’s something about being under the corporate anointing when you go to church. The Church has had a bad rap, though. Offense divides, rejection rejects, and the result is people leave the Church. Yet Hebrews 10:25 tells us not to forsake assembling together because it’s beneficial in a healthy environment. The anointing oil on Aaron the priest ran down, not up (Psalm 133:2). That’s symbolic; the anointing of headship flows down and blesses the rest of the congregation. Other than lack of appetite, and offense, Whitney did a great job of listing reasons why it’s easy to stay home from church in my friend, Kelli LaFram’s series, “Why Bother with Church?” Whatever the reason, nix it and be healthy. Related: Nothing Knocks the Church Down Faster Than Division
This post contains affiliate links. See my full disclosure here.
A Solution to Keep on Track with God This Holiday Season
A fitting solution is to go through a Bible study specifically designed to coincide with the weeks between mid-November right up to Christmas. A few HelloMornings writers and I wrote the perfect study for you: Greatly to Be Praised
Why get a copy? Greatly to be Praised is a six-week study that uses various Psalms to walk you through the seasons of Thanksgiving and Advent.
What does it cover? The first two weeks focus on praise and thanksgiving. The third is a transition week that focuses on God’s nature and our need for Jesus, and the last three weeks focus on Messianic Psalms to prepare your heart for Advent and Christmas.
How much time will I need? Our HelloMornings Bible study format is specifically designed to help you dive deep into Scripture whether you have five minutes or fifty.
What’s included? Each 6-week study contains:
- daily scripture, commentary, study prompts
- daily worksheets with planning and fitness space
- a primer on Bible study methods
How much does it cost? Greatly to Be Praised is available as a Paperback on Amazon. Get your copy now!
Is there a giveaway?
I have four digital copies to give away! UPDATE: Giveaway has ended.
Three right here on the blog and one is reserved for KRB Insiders only via my mailing list. To enter the giveaway on the blog, leave a comment telling me your favorite verse or passage! The giveaway runs now through November 10th. The winners will be randomly chosen and announced on my Facebook page at 9:00 p.m. on Friday, November 10th!
I’m ready to keep on track with God this holiday season! Will you join me? How will you follow through with the three intentional decisions listed above?