Imagine how much is being lost if you don’t record what is going on in your relationship with God. You can designate a spiritual notebook to record your walk with God. This notebook is a place for you to chronicle what happens between you and God every day. If you aren’t recording your walk with God, then you are cheating yourself of preserving your own spiritual history. And the rest of the world if you ever become famous and we get our hands on your notebooks. 😉
In my journals I record some of the following, depending on what is going on in my Daily Time:
- a scripture (or two or three) that spoke to me
- wisdom God is showing me for something
- a plan of action for a weakness
- my progress for the plan of action
- a song I’m starting to write (usually gets transferred to my song writing notebook)
- something that someone said that spoke volumes to me
- notes from studying a topic or passage in the Bible
- an occasion of God testing me and how I responded to it
- direction I feel God is giving me
- questions I’m asking God
- something I’m praying about, with related verses
- a revelation God gives about something
- a specific word or direction someone feels God is having him/her share with me
- a dream I had and what I think God is saying to me after praying about it
- notes when I listen to a sermon
When I look back at my spiritual journey I receive amazing encouragement! For example:
- I can see measurable growth
- I remember how God specifically worked in my life
- I can see answers to prayer
- I recall how God has given me direction
- I remember what I learned from my failures
- I EXPERIENCE God’s love for ME!
Now can you imagine how much is being lost if YOU don’t record what is going on in YOUR relationship with God?
That according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth,and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us. Ephesians 3:16-20 ESV
Imagine how much is being lost if you don’t record what is going on in your relationship with God. [Tweet this]
Do you keep a journal or notebook specifically designated to record your walk with God? What do you write in it? What is your favorite type of notebook?
Like this post? Your friends probably would, too! Use the icons below to share it with them. Your friends will be glad you didn’t keep it all to yourself! Never miss a post, subscribe here!