Do you know the amazing benefits of walking with God in your daily living? Learn how to invite God into your day.
Do you enjoy walking with God in your daily living? I love it! The “walk” part of walking with God is referring to how we live. It’s Christian living 101.
To walk means to move at a regular and fairly slow pace by lifting and setting down each foot in turn, never having both feet off the ground at once.
The profound truth of the dictionary definition, is that it is regular movement.
God doesn’t come and manually pick your foot up off the ground and cause you to take a step; it’s your job to keep walking with God. He’s leading you on a #GodlyAdventure.
The journey continues by gleaning the truth found in the Word and applying it to your life. The benefits of walking with God outshine any fleeting worldly pleasure!
The Benefits of Walking with God
Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him. Colossians 2:6
This is the key verse for the 15 Days of Walking with God online event. Once you’ve received Jesus as your Savior, you’re commanded to walk in Him. But you’re not alone in this. God will walk with you now just as He walked in the Garden of Eden in Adam and Eve’s day (Genesis 3:8; 2 Corinthians 6:16).
He desires a relationship with you. Walking with God isn’t just about walking away from sin but into a thriving relationship with your Creator!
I live with my husband, like a married woman is designed to do. It would be strange if we didn’t acknowledge each other when we wake up in the morning, pass in the hallway, or sit down at the dinner table together. Right? If that’s happening, there’s a problem!
My husband works from home much of the week, but even while he’s in the house, we are texting each other throughout the day. When he’s away working, we are texting, calling, or Facetiming on a regular basis. We have an ongoing level of communication that is needed for any close relationship to thrive.
Isn’t that same closeness the way it needs to be with God?
You can have a continual relationship with God in which you enjoy life together, and He’s present to help you figure out life. This is walking with God in your daily living.Walking with God is not just about walking away from sin but into a thriving relationship with your Creator!
Walking down the Street with Jesus
There are specific men in the Bible who are said to have “walked with God” such as Enoch (Genesis 5:22-24) and Noah (Genesis 6:9). But I was recently inspired by the two men from Emmaus who were walking with Jesus in Luke 24:13-51.
I imagined what it would be like if I were taking a walk and Jesus were to suddenly appear walking next to me. What would I say first, “Nice sandals!”?
Would I recognize Him? Would I see the pure love in His eyes and recognize His voice? What would He say—to me?
When Jesus walked with the men from Emmaus, He:
- Addressed their doubt (v. 25)
- Proved Himself through Scripture (vv.25-27)
- Came to their home and sat down to eat (vv.29-30)
- Allowed their eyes to be opened (v.31)
- Appeared/disappeared/reappeared (vv.15,31,36)
Then when Jesus was in the midst of the disciples, He:
- Addressed their doubt (v.38)
- Proved Himself through the scars on His hands and feet (vv.39-40)
- Ate! (vv.41-43) [Note this is Jesus in a resurrected body, so eating seems like it will continue for us after Jesus’ return. Bring on the tacos! Woohoo!]
- Opened their minds to understand the Scripture (vv.44-47)
- Gave them direction/instructions (v.49)
- Blessed them (vv.50-51)
Walking with the Holy Spirit
This time when Jesus disappeared into the heavens, He left them with the promise of the Holy Spirit who came a short time later.
And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you. John 14:16 NLT
The Holy Spirit is part of the Trinity, and He. is. still. here. That’s great news because He will stay by your side and help you. He’s going to:
- Lead you into all Truth (John 16:13)
- Testify of Jesus to you (John 15:26)
- Teach you all things (John 14:26)
- Abide with you (John 14:17)
- Open your eyes (1 Cor. 2:9-10)
The Benefits of Walking with God Daily
I’m seeing a pattern here. I think God’s saying, “Hey, believe me! I’m with you. I’ve got you. I’m here for you.” He’s meshed into the fabric of your day, and the more you tune into Him, the more you’ll realize it.
All of these amazing benefits are yours while you’re walking with God in your daily living!
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all. 2 Corinthians 13:14 NASB
What are some other benefits while walking with God in your daily living?Check out the 15 Days of Walking with God going on now. And the amazing giveaways are not to be missed!
Did you enter the giveaway yet?
- Week 1 – Walking with God in Christian Living Giveaway: one grand prize of the Thrive Journaling Devotional Bible for Women, the 30 Days of Joy Bible Journaling Tool Kit, a Watercolor Bible Verse Printable, The Gift of Prophetic Encouragement book, and Organic Love novel; four secondary winners of the 30 Days of Joy Bible Journaling Tool Kit and a Watercolor Bible Verse Printable.
- Week 1 – Special Blogger Giveaway: one winner receives Grow Your Email List Like A Pro with MailChimp.
Want to encourage others in their walk with God? Use the icons below to share this post!