[Part of the Experiencing Remarkable Worship devotional series]
Did you know God wants you to know Him better than you do now? Songs have been written to say “it’s all about You, God,” but God’s song is all about you (Zephaniah 3:17). Because He loves you and me that much. When I consider that He created mankind with a free will to love Him in return I get excited.
He’s not like all the people on this Earth that have walked away from you over petty disagreements or impatience that you weren’t getting it right at the time (whatever the “it” was). His faithfulness sets Him apart from others. He:
- is present in your life all the time
- doesn’t give a time limit
- is always awake
- doesn’t clock out at the end of a shift
- desires to be with you always
Even though God knows you through and through, He desires you to know Him more.
You can know God better by coming to Him in prayer, worship, and studying His Word. Through these connections, your heart is open to receive from Him, and you come into a posture to hear His voice.Even though God knows you through and through, He desires YOU to know HIM more when you worship Him. #ThrivingInWorship Click To Tweet
When can you come to God?
When you worship, you can come to God at any time. You probably already know that, but for this series on worship let’s see when you can specifically come to Him in worship. Notice the bolded words:
Through him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name. Hebrews 13:15 ESV
I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalm 34:1 KJV
In God we boast all the day long, and praise thy name for ever. Selah. Psalm 44:8 KJV
My mouth is filled with your praise, and with your glory all the day. Psalm 71:8 ESV
God has these verses in the Bible to say, Hey, I want you to come worship Me. Let Me be in your entire day, every day, for the rest of eternity.
What Happens When You Worship
The relationship between God and you…it’s an ongoing exchange…when you come to Him. Worship Him with all you do, and lift your voice in worship throughout your day. Not only that, be intentional, and set time apart to just spend time in worship. You know what’s going to happen? He’s going to show you His glory!
“A man can no more diminish God’s glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word ‘darkness’ on the walls of his cell.” – C. S. Lewis
In the Old Testament, Joshua was a man who was mentioned as one that would not depart from the tent (Exodus 33:11). In the New Testament, a widow didn’t depart from the temple (Luke 2:37) because they both knew just how good it is to be in God’s presence! David understood this, too. He said “One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple.” (Psalm 27:4, ESV)
So what do I do now?
- Read. My soul longs, yes, faints for the courts of the LORD; my heart and flesh sing for joy to the living God. Psalm 84:2 (ESV)
- Reflect. What hinders your times of worship? In Psalm 69:30-31, David has been crying out to God. He has been up to his neck in trouble. He’s been dealing with sin, enemies, rejection, and bullies. (Can you relate?) But he says, despite all this, I will praise God! He knew this pleased God more than an animal sacrifice.
- Pray. God, even when I’m disgruntled, thank You that You’re faithful to bring refreshing as I turn my focus back to You. Help me know you more when I worship you. Thank You that You never leave my presence; help me to never leave Yours.
- Worship. The next 30 seconds are God’s. Go!
Don’t miss the other great posts in the Experiencing Remarkable Worship Series:
- Experiencing Remarkable Worship
- Who Do We Worship?
- 4 Reasons I Will Worship God
- When You Worship
- Worship: God Likes Noise and Demonstration
- Worship Where You Are
- 5 Steps to Thriving in Worship
- When God Feels Far Away While Worshipping
Like this post? Your friends probably would, too! Use the icons below to share it with them. Your friends will be glad you didn’t keep it all to yourself!