From the 40 Days of Daily Bread Series.
If you are not familiar with the ways God speaks to you, then you might miss out on seeing His mighty hand moving in your life. Today we are going to continue talking about the biblical ways God uses to speak to us. In case you missed it, find part 1 here.
Here are 4 more ways God speaks:
And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ. Ephesians 4:11-12 KJV
And Joseph said to his brothers, “Please come near to me.” So they came near. Then he said: “I am Joseph your brother, whom you sold into Egypt. But now, do not therefore be grieved or angry with yourselves because you sold me here; for God sent me before you to preserve life. For these two years the famine has been in the land, and there are still five years in which there will be neither plowing nor harvesting. And God sent me before you to preserve a posterity for you in the earth, and to save your lives by a great deliverance. So now it was not you who sent me here, but God; and He has made me a father to Pharaoh, and lord of all his house, and a ruler throughout all the land of Egypt. 45:4-8 NKJV
- Conscience. Who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them. Romans 2:15 NKJV
- Common sense.
- Peace in Your Spirit. Does your peace leave you upon making the decision? I wrote about this on day 7. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7 NKJV
Instruction from Authorities
- Parents Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Ephesians 6:1 KJV
- Pastor, Mentor, Spiritual Parent. Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you. Hebrews 13:17 KJV
- Godly counsel. Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety. Proverbs 11:14 KJV
Apply the Word
This section is to help us respond to His promptings. But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. James 1:22
Ask God to show you how well you’re obeying His voice through the different ways and write it in your journal.
What is the most profound way God has spoken to you?
Don’t miss out on God’s hand in your life; here are 4 more ways He speaks.[Tweet this]
Our Daily Bread for tomorrow will be on how God arrested my attention to bring me out of worry. Subscribe so you don’t miss it!
*Many of the notes from this post came from a teaching by my mom, Pastor Brenda Hall. Used by permission.Photo credit: Amber Karnes (Creative Commons)
Like this post? Your friends probably would, too! Use the icons below to share it with them. Your friends will be glad you didn’t keep it all to yourself! Don’t forget to pin it for later! Never miss a post, subscribe here!