Do you ever feel drawn towards people who make you laugh? Laughing makes you feel good and has been proven to boost your immune system, decrease stress, relax your muscles, release endorphins, and have the same effects as some exercise. No wonder the Bible says, A merry heart does good, like medicine…(Proverbs 17:22a NKJV).
6 Things to Keep Laughter in Your Life
- You may not be able to choose your circumstances, but you can change your attitude towards it. And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, Colossians 3:23 NKJV
- Look for the good. This takes practice. Sometimes it’s necessary to ask God to reveal what possible good could come from a bad situation. He always gives an answer to that prayer.
- Laugh at yourself. Once, standing outside the shower, I turned on the water and unbeknownst to me the shower head was pointing towards the bathroom instead of the inside of the shower. It promptly dowsed the top of my head, my face and the floor with cold water. Blubbering, I turned it off. I imagine the scene looked like something from a comic book and I laughed so hard!
- (Ahem, males please bear with us females for this next statement.) Choose to not let hormonal moodiness be an excuse for climbing into a pit of negativity. Yep. No explanation needed there!
- Laugh when the joke’s on you. The other day I tweeted a joke: “A man had never seen an elevator before. He watched as a crippled old lady got in and went to the top. The elevator came down and out came a beautiful young woman. The man quickly went to get his wife.” Justin saw the tweet and said, “I’d love to find that elevator!” I laughed; that was a good one. Then I replied to him, “I’ll be happy to push you in!” Ha! He laughed, too. We love each other dearly, and we’re not afraid to laugh at each other’s jokes.
- Regularly read jokes or watch something funny. (If you search well, clean comedy still exists!)
I am giving my readers a chance to win Tim Hawkins latest DVD, “Insanitized.” Enjoy 70 minutes of fresh stand-up and music, including music videos and bonus features.
To enter simply leave a comment at the end of this post.
- Like KellySinging on Facebook and comment that you have done so, or already have liked it.
- Subscribe to my blog and comment that you have done so, or already have subscribed.
- Tweet this post, with @KellySinging, and comment that you have done so.
- Share this post on Facebook, and comment that you have done so.
Giveaway ends at 9 pm, EST, on Monday, 2/21/11. The giveaway is open to my international readers. I will choose the winner using random.org and will announce the winner on Tuesday, 2/22/11 at 7 am, EST. The winner must contact me with a mailing address within 48 hours or I will choose someone else.
***Update: This giveaway is now closed.