Directions to add your membership badge to your sidebar (or other widget area). If you need additional assistance, please contact me, and I’ll make every effort to help you.
If You Have an Image Widget
- Go to appearance, then widgets in your dashboard. Find the image widget. Click it and choose where to add it (sidebar, footer, etc.).
- In the image widget area, click where it says “no image selected” to be taken to your media. Upload your member badge into your media as you usually do to add images. While in the media window, go to the attachment settings in the bottom right.
- Here is where you can link to a custom URL: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1636189639833806/ and change the size if you want. I created the image at 200×200, an optimal size for sidebars. If it gives you the option to choose the image’s alignment, then choose “center.”
- Click “Add to Widget.” Now you will see the image in your image widget. Here is where you can click “edit image” for even more options. I like to center the image by adding “aligncenter” (without the quotation marks) in the Image CSS Class field. I also like to click the box to open in a new tab.
- Click save and then check your site to see how it looks.
If You Have a Text Widget
If you only have text widgets, use the tutorial below for two different ways to add an image to your sidebar (or other area of your blog).
When he mentions linking a custom URL, instead of none, you can link to: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1636189639833806/