The longer I’m a blogger, the more I realize how much work goes into it. Receiving recognition for it means a great deal. Thank you, Julie Loos, from Unmasking the Mess for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award and Cathy Mcintosh for nominating me for the Liebster Award! I appreciate it so much!
Blogger Recognition Award Rules
- Write a post to show your award (you’re reading it 😉 )
- Give a brief story of how your blog commenced
- Give two pieces of blogging advice
- Thank the one who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to
Commencement of This Blog
I began regular posting on this blog in December 2015 but retained some posts from my previous one (May 2010—January 2012). In between those times, I learned the blessings of God’s pruning. The full story is in this short interview. It would take books to share what I have learned and how my heart has changed in the last several years. Two are underway. I’m looking forward to my first blogiversary party to celebrate two years this December!
- Every blogger is at a different stage and it’s best not to compare your reach with another’s. I think one of the best ways to overcome the comparison trap is to grow your blog while focusing on honoring others. What does that look like? Commenting on their post, sharing their post, giving them a shout out on social media or on your blog, tagging them when someone is looking for what they can offer, engaging with their social media posts, giving them direct encouragement. Also, nominating them for a blogger award. 😉
- The cure for writer’s block isn’t blog-hopping to glean new ideas. It’s to seek God and become a hose so He can pour out His words through you. If you don’t know what to write, then get on your knees before God and receive the message He has for YOU to give. God gave Moses a message: Let my people go. God gave John the Baptist a message: Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. What is your message? Or maybe you’ll be sent on a mission. Noah built the ark; Nehemiah built the walls. What is your mission? It’s more than getting validation from the Yoast plugin. God is where we need to get the green light.
It is a blessing to honor the following:
- Meghan Weyerbacher
- Alyssa J. Howard
- Kelli LaFram
- Kela Nellums from Pursuing What Is Excellent
- Elizabeth Giertz from Creative Expressions at My Messy Desk
- Ifeoma Samuel from Purposeful & Meaningful
- Horace Williams, Jr. from Pleasing to the Potter
- Beth Steffaniak from Messy Marriage
- Sherry Stahl
- Debbie Kitterman
- Rebekah Hargraves
- Terri Ingraham from BeLydia
- Michelle Toy Warner from Texting the Truth
- Laura Rath
- Bethany Mcllrath from First and Second Blog
Congratulations, my friends, and may God expand your territory for His glory! Go ahead and share this post and let your friends know you’ve been nominated!
Outdo one another in showing honor. Romans 12:10 ESV