Honoring Bloggers with the Blogger Recognition Award
The longer I’m a blogger, the more I realize how much work goes into it. Receiving recognition for it means a great deal. Thank you, Julie Loos, from Unmasking the Mess for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award and Cathy Mcintosh for nominating me for the Liebster Award! I appreciate it so much!
I am nominating writers for the Blogger Recognition Award today. You should check out the blogs listed below as well as Cathy and Julie’s blogs. Amazing writers!
Blogger Recognition Award Rules
- Write a post to show your award (you’re reading it 😉 )
- Give a brief story of how your blog commenced
- Give two pieces of blogging advice
- Thank the one who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to
Commencement of This Blog
I began regular posting on this blog in December 2015 but retained some posts from my previous one (May 2010—January 2012). In between those times, I learned the blessings of God’s pruning. It would take books to share what I have learned and how my heart has changed in the last several years. Two are underway. I’m looking forward to my first blogiversary party to celebrate two years this December!
- Every blogger is at a different stage and it’s best not to compare your reach with another’s. I think one of the best ways to overcome the comparison trap is to grow your blog while focusing on honoring others. What does that look like? Commenting on their post, sharing their post, giving them a shout out on social media or on your blog, tagging them when someone is looking for what they can offer, engaging with their social media posts, giving them direct encouragement. Also, nominating them for a blogger award. 😉
- The cure for writer’s block isn’t blog-hopping to glean new ideas. It’s to seek God and become a hose so He can pour out His words through you. If you don’t know what to write, then get on your knees before God and receive the message He has for YOU to give. God gave Moses a message: Let my people go. God gave John the Baptist a message: Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. What is your message? Or maybe you’ll be sent on a mission. Noah built the ark; Nehemiah built the walls. What is your mission? It’s more than getting validation from the Yoast plugin. God is where we need to get the green light.
It is a blessing to honor the following:
- Meghan Weyerbacher
- Alyssa J. Howard
- Kelli LaFram
- Kela Nellums from Pursuing What Is Excellent
- Elizabeth Giertz from Creative Expressions at My Messy Desk
- Ifeoma Samuel from Purposeful & Meaningful
- Horace Williams, Jr. from Pleasing to the Potter
- Beth Steffaniak from Messy Marriage
- Sherry Stahl
- Debbie Kitterman
- Rebekah Hargraves
- Terri Ingraham from BeLydia
- Michelle Toy Warner from Texting the Truth
- Laura Rath
- Bethany Mcllrath from First and Second Blog
Congratulations, my friends, and may God expand your territory for His glory! Go ahead and share this post and let your friends know you’ve been nominated!
Outdo one another in showing honor. Romans 12:10 ESV
Oh wow! What an honor to be recognized and nominated! Such great company that I’m surrounded by! THANK YOU!!
My pleasure, Kela! God has been preparing you for a new season of influence for His glory.
Awe, Kelly! You’ve made me smile. You are an amazing blogger. You certainly deserve this award and it’s an honor to be nominated by you. Thank you!
You’re welcome and like I said on your site, God isn’t done with you yet. It may look like you’re up against a difficult place, but God is going to bring something amazing from it. Be encouraged today!
Kelly – THANK YOU so much for the honor of being nominated by you! Not to mention all the other great names of bloggers I am surrounded by which you have nominated as well. Congratulations on your nomination as well! I have enjoyed reading your posts, and your awards are much deserved. Blessings and thank you for the generous nomination and nod of recognition.
Absolutely, Debbie! I’m excited to see what God is doing with you!
Congratulations on being nominated, Kelly! Always so blessed by your words here. Thank you for nominating me too, I’ll be checking out your list as some of these fantastic writers are familiar to me and some are new to me! Thanks again, sweet friend!
My pleasure, and I’m glad to introduce you to some more great writers who love God!
Air hugs! Thank you sweet, Kelly. I loved reading your tips. I will always appreciate the wondrous way God connects us through blogging. I continue to meet so many amazing people and I say amazing because everyone has something so special about them…it keeps me in awe of God. What a cycle. I will check some of these out. Many are familiar! God bless you!
Yes, God is good! Hugs back, sweet friend!
Comments are closed.