From the Christmas Week Appointments with God series.
You’ll need your Bible, journal (or a piece of paper), something to write with, possibly a concordance or access to the internet, and a few minutes.
So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. Romans 14:12 NKJV
Thursday’s appointment with God: Today you’re going to dig a little deeper to obtain both spiritual and natural solutions.
1. Begin with prayer. “Jesus, I commit myself to You. I humble myself before You. Clearly reveal my Daily Bread for today.”
2. Read 1 John 2:20, 27. Ask God to open your eyes to what He wants you to see.
3. Key Phrases. Read the specific verses you wrote to go with each specific problem from Day 3. As you read each one slowly, notice key words or phrases the Holy Spirit illuminates. Highlight, underline, or mark it in a way that is different from the rest of the verse you wrote.
Do you have any questions about what caught your attention? You may want to look up a Hebrew or Greek word, or see what a Bible Dictionary has to say about it. (See my Bible Studying Page for a list of free online study tools. For example, go to Blue Letter Bible. Type the verse you want to look up in the search engine, then click tools next to the verse for a wealth of information at your fingertips.) Record what you discover in your journal. Through this process you will truly savor the Word.
4. Obtain spiritual solutions. Jesus is your Counsellor. (Isaiah 9:6) How can you allow Him to remove the roadblocks you wrote down from Day 2? What do you need to guard your heart against? Is there a sin area that needs to be addressed? Listen. What is He speaking to your heart? Write it in your journal.
5. Obtain natural solutions. God said He would provide for our every need in Philippians 4:19. Listen. What is He speaking to your heart? Write it in your journal.
6. Pick one of the verses for memory. Write it out and then write it on a index card or post-it to display in a prominent location.
7. End with prayer. “Lord, thank You for speaking to me today through Your Word. Help me to meditate on what I have learned today.”
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6
I’m so glad you have committed to come faithfully before the Lord this week. 🙂 I am praying for you. Join us again tomorrow for the last day in the Christmas Week Appointments with God series, and please spread the word!