From the Christmas Week Appointments with God series.
You’ll need your Bible, journal (or a piece of paper), something to write with, possibly a concordance or access to the internet, and a few minutes.
So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. Romans 14:12 NKJV
Wednesday’s appointment with God: Today you’re simply going to tune in to God and His voice.
1. Begin with prayer. “Jesus, I commit myself to You. I humble myself before You. Clearly reveal my Daily Bread for today.”
3. Look at the potential roadblocks you wrote down.
4. What is one or two verses that apply to each? (See my Bible Studying Page for a list of free online study tools.) Notice how, then why you respond. An example might be that you wrote, “I worry about…” So the how is worry. Ponder why, and then you might realize that you hadn’t been trusting God with that particular problem. A verse that would apply would be on trusting God: Psalms 62:8.
Another example from my journal years ago was when I looked into my heart and asked, “How do I try to control God in a situation?”
- I don’t pray about it. Matthew 6:33; Matthew 7:7 – 8.
- I’m not obedient. Jeremiah 7:23.
- I argue with God until I talk myself into what I will or justify my actions. James 1:26.
- I make my plans without consulting God. Proverbs 3:6.
Then I asked, “Why do I try to control God in a situation?”
- Lack of trust in God. Proverbs 3:5-6.
Write in your journal their locations and a summary or write out the verses in their entirety.
5. What do you sense the Holy Spirit directing you to do (or how to think differently) as a result of taking these few minutes to tune into Him?
6. End with prayer. “Lord, I choose to obey You. I purpose in my heart to put the written Word into practice. Thank You for Your Word that lights my path.”
Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path. Psalm 119:105 NKJV
I’m so glad you have committed to come faithfully before the Lord this week. 🙂 I am praying for you. Join us again tomorrow for the next day in the Christmas Week Appointments with God series, and please spread the word!