From the Christmas Week Appointments with God series.
You’ll need your Bible, journal (or a piece of paper), something to write with, and a few minutes.
So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. Romans 14:12 NKJV
Monday’s appointment with God: Today you’re going to exchange yokes with the Lord.
- Begin with prayer. “Jesus, I commit myself to You. I humble myself before You. Clearly reveal my Daily Bread for today.”
- Reflect. What is God teaching you right now? The answer to that question doesn’t always come quickly. If you don’t know after a moment of reflection, then ponder where you are in life right now. What burdens do you need to give over to God? Are you struggling in any area? Or do you simply need more of God’s strength? Begin to list specific burdens or problems in your journal. (Keep this list because we will refer back to it this week.)
- Evaluate. While we are humans with emotions, we shouldn’t be ruled by them. They are useful, however, as indicators to determine just what exactly is currently in our hearts and minds. If you haven’t already written how you are feeling concerning each specific problem, then add them now.
- Read His promises. Burdens are heavy. They are bothersome. God knows what you are going through, and He has a couple of things to say about what to do with burdens. Read Psalm 55:22. What does God promise? Read Matthew 11:28 – 30. Breathe in His rest.
- Exchange yokes. Go ahead. Dump your burdens right in His lap. Give Him control of everything and cast your cares on Him. He is right there with you. Take His burden instead, which is simply just to choose to keep His commands.
- End with prayer. “Lord, I lay my burdens at Your feet. Thank You for Your strength and support with the details of my life. As I take Your yoke in exchange for mine, I open my heart to learn of You this week.”
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30 NKJV
I’m so glad you have committed to come faithfully before the Lord this week. 🙂 I am praying for you. Join us again tomorrow for the next day in the Christmas Week Appointments with God series, and please spread the word!