There is probably something in your life that is kicking you and you would like to be kicking it. (My hand is raised!) We can all relate.
The problem with remaining weak to sin is that we have no plan of action. In order to see change we need to put our minds to it. The solution always comes with the Word of God. I have never been able to change without it! A plan of action can be useful to overcome various sin areas. I started utilizing the following pattern when I got sick of dealing with the same issues year after year.
Plan of Action:
- Write down the area of weakness/sin.
- Find scriptures that will help you overcome the specific area.
- Commit to change with determination. Put your commitment into action by creating a new habit pattern. Pray each morning, and as needed (like a medicine), putting off the old habit and taking on the new habit. (e.g. put off lying and put on speaking the truth).
- Utilize the post How To Transform Weaknesses Into Victory that has proven to bring about change.
- Share your progress with someone in your core group for accountability.
But become doers of the Word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. For if anyone is a hearer of the Word and not a doer, he is like a man studying his natural face in a mirror. For he studied himself and went his way, and immediately he forgot what he was like. But whoever looks into the perfect Law of liberty and continues in it, he is not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work. This one shall be blessed in his doing. James 1:22-25 MKJV
What scriptures do you like to help you overcome? Share in the comments section below.